By Brian Fagan
* Giovanni Belzoni, the 19th-century archaeologist who introduced the top of Ramesses II again to England
* Heinrich Schliemann, the fashionable discoverer of prehistoric Greece whose excavations incorporated Mycenae and the traditional urban of Troy
* Howard Carter, who stumbled on King Tut's tomb
* Mary and Louis Leakey, whose discovery of humanoid fossils put human evolution's starting in Africa
From the romance of golden pharaohs and misplaced civilizations to pcs, tree ring courting, and various different clinical tools, Archaeologists is an engaging examine the explorers of the human past.
Read Online or Download Archaeologists: Explorers of the Human Past (Oxford Profiles) PDF
Best children's history nonfiction books
Makes a speciality of the expansion and alter of the us within the nineteenth Century. This booklet, which follows a scholar studying approximately fundamental files and artifacts on a box journey, can be a very good choice for readers who need to know extra approximately this significant interval in US history.
This ebook relays the real info in the back of the development and present of the Statue of Liberty. The narrative presents a number of money owed of the development, and readers examine info from the viewpoint of a U. S. harbor employee, a French artisan, and a U. S. Reporter. This ebook deals possibilities to match and distinction a number of views in a textual content whereas amassing and interpreting information regarding an historic occasion.
Little ones learn US heritage, yet do they understand what existence some time past used to be quite like? The prior was once jam-packed with yuckiness. The sounds, smells, grime, insects, rats, bad hygiene, loss of dental and therapy, and undesirable meals usually are not portrayed at modern historical websites, in video clips, or in so much books approximately US historical past. but this sort of stuff appeals tremendously to little ones.
Whilst so much american citizens contemplate the 1st Thanksgiving, they suspect of the Pilgrims and the Indians in New England in 1621. yet fifty-six years ahead of the Pilgrims celebrated, Spanish explorer Pedro Menendez arrived at the coast of Florida and based the 1st North American urban, St. Augustine. On September eight, 1565, the Spanish and the local Timucua celebrated with a dinner party of Thanksgiving.
- California in the 20th Century (Primary Source Readers)
- B is for Battle Cry: A Civil War Alphabet
- Pequeña historia del Mundo (Spanish Edition)
- Claiming My Place: A True Story of Defiance, Deception, and Coming of Age in the Shadow of the Holocaust
- Hodder GCSE History for Edexcel: Henry VIII and his ministers, 1509–40
- The 1950s and 1960s (Costume and Fashion Source Books)
Additional info for Archaeologists: Explorers of the Human Past (Oxford Profiles)