By Peter Heinegg
Read Online or Download Airy Nothings: Religion and the Flight from Time PDF
Similar religious philosophy books
Argues that philosophical mirrored image at the present time needs to comprise the findings of intensity psychology and the serious research of non-ordinary states of cognizance. Combining philosophical reflections with deep self-exploration to delve into the traditional secret of loss of life and rebirth, this e-book emphasizes collective instead of person transformation.
In a standard religion, eminent American thinker John Dewey demands the emancipation of the real non secular caliber” from the background of dogmatism and supernaturalism that he believes characterizes old religions. He describes how the intensity of non secular event and the inventive function of religion within the assets of expertise to generate that means and price should be cultivated with out making cognitive claims that compete with or deal with clinical ones.
What we see is way stimulated through how we glance. within the tradition wars shortly gripping the West this can be a severe factor. one of many key matters is the definition of the time period "religion". what's a faith? Can one "do with no faith? " How one defines this time period has a wide-ranging impact on issues as assorted as ethics, the origins debate, sexuality, freedom of expression, euthanasia, the surroundings, biotechnology and synthetic intelligence.
'Why does every body have to die? ', 'Does my hamster have a soul? ' Theologians and philosophers have continually wrestled with such questions. The articles accumulated during this booklet - which symbolize fresh academic methods to philosophizing and theologizing with kids - are very assorted in technique and emphasis.
- Dis-Enclosure: The Deconstruction of Christianity (Perspectives in Continental Philosophy)
- Philosophy and the Burden of Theological Honesty: A Donald MacKinnon Reader (T & T Clark Theology)
- Is Faith in God Reasonable?: Debates in Philosophy, Science, and Rhetoric (Routledge Studies in the Philosophy of Religion)
- Vom Erhabenen: Der Traktat 'Peri Hypsous' und seine ästhetisch-religiöse Renaissance im 18. Jahrhundert (Beiträge zur historischen Theologie) (German Edition)
- Umweltethik interdisziplinär (Perspektiven der Ethik) (German Edition)
- Politics of Religion/Religions of Politics (Sophia Studies in Cross-cultural Philosophy of Traditions and Cultures)
Additional resources for Airy Nothings: Religion and the Flight from Time