By Luuk van Middelaar,Philippe Van Parijs
Read or Download After the storm PDF
Similar ideologies books
This quantity collects the various prime essays in modern democratic idea released long ago thirty years. The anthology offers the paintings of a choose staff of members (including Peter Singer, Joshua Cohen, Ronald Dworkin, Richard Arneson, and others) and covers many foundational techniques defended through students from quite a number assorted disciplines.
The Politics of Race is a superb source for college students and common readers looking to find out about race policies and laws. Arguing that 'states make race,' it presents a special comparability of the improvement and building of race in three white settler societies — Canada, the USA, and Australia.
The most major commercial states within the state, with a strong radical culture, Pennsylvania used to be, by way of the early Nineteen Fifties, the scene of a few of the fiercest anti-Communist activism within the usa. Philip Jenkins examines the political and social influence of the chilly struggle around the nation, tracing the crimson Scare's reverberations in social gathering politics, the exertions circulation, ethnic corporations, colleges and universities, and non secular agencies.
There's a lengthy culture in Western political notion suggesting that violence is critical to protect freedom. yet nonviolence and civil disobedience have performed an both lengthy and significant position in setting up democratic associations. Freedom with no Violence explores the lengthy background of political perform and inspiration that connects freedom to violence within the West, from Athenian democracy and the Roman republic to the Age of Revolutions and the increase of totalitarianism.
- Democracy and Power: The Delhi Lectures
- Responsive Authoritarianism in China: Land, Protests, and Policy Making
- Jazz and Totalitarianism (Transnational Studies in Jazz)
- Max Weber - Die Entdeckung des Menschen aus dem Licht der Ökonomie (German Edition)
- Covenants without Swords: Idealist Liberalism and the Spirit of Empire
- Democratic Governance and Social Entrepreneurship: Civic Participation and the Future of Democracy (Routledge Studies in Governance and Public Policy)
Additional info for After the storm