By Amelio A. D'Onofrio PhD
In this actually finished advisor, Dr. D'Onofrio techniques the subject of ways first-responders, equivalent to lecturers, coaches, social employees, counsel counselors, and campus healthiness counselors, can and do deal with adolescent self-injury. From examinations of the middle social and emotional concerns regarding self-injury to the mixing of realizing with perform, every little thing wanted for finished care is designated during this volume.
Each a part of the e-book makes a speciality of a easy subject, equivalent to what constitutes self-injury, the principles for self-injury, and the way to interact a teenager with those matters. every one factor is gifted in straight forward chapters which are instantly available to those that are at the moment suffering to deal with this growing to be development between teenagers. The chapters inside each one half delve into the way to realize, deal with, and technique this disease and contain first-person tales from psychologists, lecturers, and children themselves.
Read or Download Adolescent Self-Injury: A Comprehensive Guide for Counselors and Health Care Professionals PDF
Similar educational counselling books
* THE general reference for video engineering, thoroughly up to date with greater than 50% new fabric* New chapters on video networking and electronic tv platforms within the united states and Europe* CD-ROM includes over one thousand pages of bonus fabric, associated by means of icon to correct sections of the instruction manual so readers can extend their examine
Writer and chaplain Thomas Shane tells dozens of news of what it truly is prefer to offer obstacle pastoral care to these stuck within the grim and surprising realities of lifestyles. His booklet brings a balanced, spirituality-based point of view to the useless heart of heartbreaking human experiences––violent crimes, homicides, normal failures, car injuries, suicides, baby abuse, and extra.
Providing a special concentrate on evidence-based interventions, serious pondering, and variety, college Social paintings: a right away perform consultant, by means of JoAnn Jarolmen, covers the principles of operating with young ones and young people within the faculties. every one bankruptcy reports a simple idea after which offers in-depth actions that let readers to use the techniques to numerous shopper populations.
Medicines in standpoint is a compilation of valuable experiences case experiences and literature on medicines and alcohol—their use abuse and habit. subsidized via greater than 30 years of medical event with consumers Dr. Richard Fields offers a accomplished framework to appreciate substance abuse. The ninth version contains abundant case stories updated info on therapy and restoration and a brand new bankruptcy devoted to relapse prevention and mindfulness.
- Body Image in the Primary School
- Child and Adolescent Counseling Case Studies: Developmental, Relational, Multicultural, and Systemic Perspectives
- Music Engineering
- Systems Theory for Pragmatic Schooling: Toward Principles of Democratic Education (The Cultural and Social Foundations of Education)
- Barriers to Learning: The Case for Integrated Mental Health Services in Schools
Extra resources for Adolescent Self-Injury: A Comprehensive Guide for Counselors and Health Care Professionals