By Gary Ritter,Joshua H. Barnett
Reward your top academics for the nice paintings they do!
Is your institution procedure contemplating instructor benefit pay? now's the time to grasp the aptitude pitfalls and study from the stories of alternative districts. revered specialists Ritter and Barnett supply a step by step method of benefit pay that attracts on top practices from powerful, profitable courses. You’ll find:
- A easy precis of current benefit pay courses and their strengths and weaknesses
- Six crucial rules for designing a software that helps instructor specialist improvement, schoolwide development, and scholar achievement
- How-to’s and instruments for each part of software improvement, together with taking part with academics to create balanced evaluate tools
Read or Download A Straightforward Guide to Teacher Merit Pay: Encouraging and Rewarding Schoolwide Improvement PDF
Similar education policy books
The connection among welfare and the country has gone through a sustained strategy of reconfiguration during the last twenty years and managerialism has performed a key function during this method. In schooling, mom and dad at the moment are obvious as shoppers and colleges as small companies, their source of revenue depending on their good fortune in attracting shoppers inside aggressive neighborhood 'markets'.
Regardless of claims that written checks narrowed the curriculum, ruined children’s wellbeing and fitness, and became lecturers into automatons, as soon as exams took root in American colleges their legitimacy was once by no means heavily challenged. William Reese places today’s battles over criteria and benchmarks into point of view via showcasing the historical past of the pencil-and-paper examination.
Sufficient. inner most pursuits, politicians, reformers, and pundits have had their probability, and sufficient is adequate. lecturers were driven round and driven to the sting, and the time for tolerating the failed procedure of our public schooling guidelines is over. it is time to drag the standardized trying out advertisement complicated out of our faculties, kicking and screaming if want be, and take again our colleges for our children.
This quantity examines the old origins of tenure in larger schooling. the concept that of educational freedom and tenure has been some degree of dialogue among college school and management because the American organization of college Professors (AAUP) proven those techniques of their 1915 assertion of rules on educational Freedom and Tenure.
- Critical Race, Feminism, and Education: A Social Justice Model (Postcolonial Studies in Education)
- Education Reconfigured: Culture, Encounter, and Change
- Das Spiel in der Reformpädagogik: Ein Vergleich zwischen Celestin Freinet und Maria Montessori (German Edition)
- Transforming Higher Education: A Comparative Study: 13 (Higher Education Dynamics)
- Finnish Lessons 2.0: What Can the World Learn from Educational Change in Finland?, Second Edition (Series on School Reform)
- El cultivo de la humanidad: Una defensa clásica de la reforma de la educación liberal (Spanish Edition)
Extra info for A Straightforward Guide to Teacher Merit Pay: Encouraging and Rewarding Schoolwide Improvement